Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lorelai














So, I was loading some new pictures off of my camera into the computer and as I was editing some of them, I noticed something. Lorelai ... in a lot of the pictures. I often joke about having 3 girls, not just 2. It would seem that this is really the case. Lorelai is Allyson's doll. Having two little girls, we have a great many dolls in our house. But, above all of them, Allyson has placed her love on a $5 doll from Wal-Mart. I just happened to throw into the cart when she was only about 6 months old to keep her busy while I shopped. As attached as she is to her blankie, I think she may be even more attached to this doll. We take her everywhere. When we get places (grocery stores and such) I give her the choice of bringing in Lorelai or the blanket. She almost always chooses Lorelai. Lorelai gets changed into different clothes a million times a day. She gets medicine if Allyson is sick, she gets a diaper change every time Lauren does. I hold her, and even rock her sometimes. The other night when I went to tuck Allyson in, I noticed that Lorelai was uncovered in the doll bed, and without a second thought I found a blanket and covered her up too! We talk about her by name, put band aids on her, lay her down for naps, and the list goes on.

4 comments:

Jack said...

I love how Lorelai is REALLY in every picture. Too cute! I also noticed that Allyson is wearing a hoodie in one of the pictures; must be nice.
Lindsay

Tana Lauren Cowan said...

I don't know what you are talking about :( boy boy boy. love yall. hope she is feeling better.

grandad said...

I just found out that I have another grandaughter in Colorado!
Maybe a temporary tattoo?
Grandad

The Littles said...

awesome. I love that a little piece of us went with yall :)