Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sicko



I am tired! Allyson has been sick since Saturday. I guess technically since Friday - she was slightly feverish then, and I told Justin that I thought she may be coming down with something. She seemed to have just a common cold. Monday night she came down with pink eye (AGAIN - she gets it a lot, you'd think we never wash her hands at all) and luckily we had antibiotics from the last bout of it. I figured that was the culprit of her other symptoms. Then Tuesday afternoon it seemed to be getting worse, she started coughing a lot and her fever went up. So, yesterday we got up and went to the doctor. She has bronchitis and the beginnings of an ear infection. Poor thing. All of that combined has made her quite miserable for the past few days. She has been waking up each morning between 5:30 and 6 because of the cough and consequently is very tired and grumpy all day. Also, due to the cough she is not sleeping very well during nap time or at night. Her nose and upper lip are all chapped from the tissues and mouth breathing. We have a permanent bed made up on the love seat.

She is taking: 2 antibiotics (one for pink eye, one for the bronchitis) mucinex, triaminic, and ibuprofen. We did buy some Cinderella Kleenex and that seems to put her in better spirits. Also our old humidifier broke so we got a Hello Kitty one. Her and Lauren are both pretty intrigued by it.

As would be the way of things, Lauren is going through some kind of growth spurt and sleeping in until around 8:30 or 8:45 - I could be sleeping in if only ... Oh well, what are you going to do? Such is life with the little ones. Now I am just praying that Lauren doesn't get sick too and we can be through with this in a few days.

Currently we are watching an episode of Blues Clues for the 20th time and I am working my way through a cup of nice strong coffee! And, Lauren is asleep.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

So sorry your baby is sick.

Jack said...

Poor little Allyson. I hope all that medicine kicks in soon.
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Poor Allyson.I hope she feels better! And that Lauren dosen't get sick! we'll be praying for you guys.
Anna