Monday, July 28, 2008

Taking walks

The girls and I are out exploring most mornings during the week. On the weekends Justin comes too. We walk all around Silt and see what we can find. Parks, swings, trees, clouds, birds, horses, butterflies, dragonflies, flowers, chipmunks (chickmunks), dogs, mailboxes .... all kinds of exciting things to be seen. I never knew that finding mailboxes could be so fantastic! Allyson is clearly on a scavenger hunt each time we are out on a walk. A couple mornings ago when we were counting horses and stopped to see a couple, they came right over to the fence and the girls were both too excited to contain themselves. The rest of the walk Allyson kept wanting to chew on grass because that is what the horses were doing - each time she tried it she would declare that she didn't like to eat grass!

The world is so big to them - even the small places. Everything is an adventure and I am so glad to be on this one with these little sweet things!




3 comments:

Jack said...

It looks like yall are having a great time. It is so fun watching your kids learn and explore.

Rebecca said...

fun fun fun

Niki said...

Amy! Hi.. I found your blog just now and saw that you were living in Silt, Colorado. That's where I grew up! My whole family lives in that area. My grandma is in the retirement home in Silt. My family goes to the c of C in Rifle. How long have you been living there? I know it's small, but I remember feeling safe there as a kid.