Monday, September 1, 2008

Beer Bread

Matt and Lauren were summer youth inturns at our church. Most Thursdays they came over for dinner - one of the highlights of Allyson's week. The last Thursday before they left to go back to Texas they brought dinner over to us - a nice treat!
Lauren made beer bread and it is so yummy and delicious that I got the recipe from her. I haven't made it yet, but wanted to post the recipe before I forgot - it sounds so easy and it is really good. Here is it:

Beer Bread
1 cup sugar
3 cups flour
1 bottle of beer
Mix together really well and put it in a sprayed bread pan.
Put it in the oven on 350 for 40-45 minutes.
Take it out and pour one stick of melted butter on top,
then put it back in for 5-10 minutes. Then just let it cool! :)

1 comment:

Heidi Meurer said...

I have a similar recipe, Amy, and it is DELICIOUS! Will and I enjoy it especially in the winter with a bowl of soup. The only difference? 1 Tablespoon of honey, instead of the cup of sugar. Oh, and I add a 1/2 cup of wheat bran, too. And the flour must be self-rising, also. Anyways, it tastes JUST AS GOOD and offers a healthier alternative :) Hope it turns out well!