Monday, September 8, 2008

Isn't it interesting ...

.... how you have a thought and then it is reaffirmed by something you hear or read? I have been thinking - been reminded by God that I have been lacking in my time with Him, and how I need to have Him stored up in my heart so that the overflow is good. Yesterday morning before church I was reading from My Utmost for His Highest, by Oswald Chambers. (I have a copy of this book that was given to me Christmas of 1993 by a friend from Highschool youth group, and it is the book aside from my bible that is the most used by me!) His thoughts reflect a lot of what had been going through my mind. You can read the daily devotions from his book on www.heartlight.org, so I am going to copy and paste part of it here to share. If you want to read the rest of it just get on the website!

From the September 7 excerpt:

The water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water.”John 4:14
The picture Our Lord gives is not that of a channel but a fountain. "Be being filled," and the sweetness of vital relationship to Jesus will flow out of the saint as lavishly as it is imparted to him. If you find your life is not flowing out as it should, you are to blame; something has obstructed the flow. Keep right at the Source, and - you will be blessed personally? No, out of you will flow rivers of living water, irrepressible life.


We are to be centres through which Jesus can flow as rivers of living water in blessing to every one. Some of us are like the Dead Sea, always taking in but never giving out, because we are not rightly related to the Lord Jesus. As surely as we receive from Him, He will pour out through us, and in the measure He is not pouring out, there is a defect in our relationship to Him. Is there anything between you and Jesus Christ? Is there anything that hinders your belief in Him? If not, Jesus says, out of you will flow rivers of living water. It is not a blessing passed on, not an experience stated, but a river continually flowing. Keep at the Source, guard well your belief in Jesus Christ and your relationship to Him, and there will be a steady flow for other lives, no dryness and no deadness.

No comments: