Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall is fun!


It has been a while since I have lived in a place with a changing of the seasons. Fall is in full bloom around here. The leaves are changing and the nights are quite chilly. Last Friday (Justin's day off) we headed up toward Aspen to take a drive and look at the colors. Amazing! Also we went to a small little town - Redstone. There are pictures up in the top corner from the day. We ate lunch in the Redstone Inn, walked down the main (only) street of town, visited the General Store, and played at the park. It was a very fun family day. The girls had a great time.


Fall is by far my favorite season. I love the colors, I love the change in the weather, I love bundling up and playing in the leaves! We've busted out the spiced cider candle, the girls Halloween clothes and PJ's and I am in the mood to make glazed pecans, pumpkin bread, and soup.


We'll be heading to a pumpkin patch in the next week or so - more pictures to come!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

oh man! I have been having Colorado withdraws here lately when I think about how it is already so cool there! :) It looks beautiful - I wish we could afford to come visit! :)

Rebecca said...

See, here's the thing. I feel like I got the worst tease in the world hanging out with you for two days. I need more.

It was so great to be with you and your family. Best thing that has happened to me in a long time.

It's my turn to come out to see you next. I'll start saving my pennies!