Wednesday, May 21, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

First, Lauren:
Although she babbles all the time, she doesn't really talk with any words yet - the only thing she really says is "uh, oh." I am trying to teach her to say help and please and a couple of other words in sign language to keep the whining noise down to a minimum. Tonight she and Allyson were having some ice cream and she wanted another bite, so she was making her universal noise that she uses regardless of the need, desire, or trouble. I kept saying "say please Lou" and showing her the sign, and she looked at me, thought for a while and said, "uh, oh" and opened her mouth for a bite :)
This isn't the first time she has said "uh, oh" when I was trying to get her to say something else. It is so cute because you can see her little mind working trying to figure out how to say the word, but she says what she knows how to. That is one of my favorite things!
Next, Allyson:
After I put Lauren to bed this evening (Justin is at church and the girls and I are home) Allyson and I were rocking in my chair and watching the season finale of American Idol. One of the finalists was singing "Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top, with ZZ Top. Allyson looked at either Gibbons or Hill - they were both on the screen - and said, "is that Santa mommy?"
For those of you who don't know, they both have chest-length white beards. When I told her no, they were in a band she said, "yeah ..... Santa is in Texas." So, apparently she has the Santa thing all figured out!
That is another one of my favorite things.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kids really do say the dardest things. I keep a journal of all the funny things our kids say. It's fun to look back and laugh about all the things I have forgetten about.

Love Ya,
Nicole Noltensmeyer